FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Before placing an order
1.1Do you ship to my country?
At the moment, we ship to more than 80 countries. You can find a list of these countries at the bottom of our page.
However, importing some products may be prohibited in certain countries.
Please check with your local customs or police if the product you are going to order is restricted from import or not.
1.2Where is your store located? Where do you ship from?
Our store and our warehouse are both located in Finland. Please find more information here.
1.3How much is the shipping cost? Which delivery companies do you use?
Please find the answers regarding shipping here.
1.4Why should I order from Lamnia and not another shop?
Here are some of the reasons to buy products from Lamnia:
- We care about our customers and always do our best to deliver the smoothest shopping experience. Read our customer service reviews here.
- We offer free shipping for orders of at least $170.00. Regardless of the size or weight of the parcel, no additional shipping costs will be added!
- We will do our best to pack and ship your order the same day if you order on a business day before 12 noon Finnish time (GMT+02:00) and all ordered items are in stock.
- We have a strong work ethic, rooting from the basic Finnish value of conscientiousness.
1.5Do I have to pay any import taxes and duties?
For orders within the EU, taxes are already included in the price of the products.
If you are located outside the EU, please consult your local customs authorities regarding the import duties. Any import fees and duties are solely the responsibility of the buyer. Lamnia always declares the real value and contents of the parcel.
1.6Do you sell original products?
Yes, we sell original products only, in their original packaging.
1.7Is this product in stock? What does "Special order" mean?
The product availability information is always up to date.
- In stock (green symbol): the item is in stock and ready to be shipped.
- Out of stock (red symbol)
- "Delivery time is temporarily unknown". We cannot specify when this item will be back in stock. You can sign up for an arrival notification by clicking "Notify when in stock".
- "Next arrival xx.xx.20xx". This is an estimated date when we are expecting the product to be back in stock. You can sign up for an arrival notification by clicking "Notify when in stock".
- "Month / 20xx". The exact arrival date is not available, but we are expecting the product to be back in stock during the stated month. You can sign up for an arrival notification by clicking "Notify when in stock".
- Special order (yellow symbol)
- "Delivery time xx - xx business days". We do not usually keep this product in our warehouse. Just place your order and we will deliver it within the given time frame.
- "Delivery time is temporarily unknown". We do not usually keep this product in our warehouse. The product is not currently available for order. You can sign up for an availability notification by clicking "Notify when in stock".
- "Discontinued". The product is out of stock and will not be available in the future. The product page is available for informational purposes only.
1.8Can I order product X that you don't have in your selection?
Please send us your product request to [email protected] We will check to find out whether we can get it for you and for what price.
1.9Why did the price change from the last time I checked your site?
The price may have changed because of the manufacturer's price update or because of the fluctuation of the exchange rate of the relevant currency and the euro. Please keep in mind that our original prices are in euro and we charge in euro as well. Your bank will make a currency conversion, using its own exchange rate. The final amount you pay in your currency may differ from the estimate shown on our site.
1.10Can I reserve or pre-order item X?
At the moment, we do not accept pre-orders. You can sign up for an arrival notification by clicking "Notify when in stock". You will receive a message when the product arrives to our store.
1.11What kind of warranty do you provide?
Within the EU, 2 years’ warranty is the minimum. Most manufacturers offer a longer warranty period, which we do honour. Please contact [email protected] for more information on warranties.
Placing an order
2.1How do I place an order? Can I order by phone?
Here is how you place an online order:
- Add the item(s) you want to purchase to your cart by clicking the "Add to cart!" button.
- Click on the "Shopping cart" and proceed to the Checkout page. There will be detailed instructions there. Go ahead and try it.
If you encounter any difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service at [email protected] or via the live chat.
We do not take phone orders.
2.2Do I have to create an account or register on your site prior ordering?
No, you can make an order without an account or registration as a guest user.
2.3How do I pay for my order?
Please check our payment methods here.
2.4Why isn't my card payment going through?
Most of the credit/debit cards have preset limitations for international online payments. If you experience difficulty paying by card, please check with your bank first.
2.5I just placed an order but now I want to alter it – by adding or removing a product; editing my address information, etc. How can I do that?
It is complex to modify previously confirmed orders. Please contact our customer service at [email protected] or via live chat as soon as possible.
2.6I have placed my order with a bank transfer payment option selected, but I changed my mind and want to pay it with my card.
Unfortunately, we cannot modify your payment method selection, but we can cancel your order so you can place a new one. Please contact our customer service at [email protected] or via live chat.
2.7I would like to order something for my company and I have a VAT number. How do I order without VAT?
It is possible to make a VAT-free order. To make such an order, please register on our site using your company name and VAT number. Our system will verify your VAT number. You can then place orders without VAT. In case of any difficulties, please contact our customer service at [email protected] or via the live chat.
2.8I just placed my order and all the items were in stock, but now your website shows that the item is out of stock. What may have caused this?
You have probably ordered the last piece that we have in stock. The order will be processed and shipped normally.
Order tracking and delivery issues
3.1How do I track my order?
You will receive a tracking number via e-mail once your order has been shipped.
If you have an account on our website, you will also be able to find the tracking number in your order history.
3.2Will my order be shipped today?
We will do our best to pack and ship your order the same day your order is placed if you order on a business day before 12 noon Finnish time (GMT+02:00). Please check our delivery terms here.
3.3It has been several days and my EMS parcel is still in Helsinki. Why?
Usually, once the order has been shipped, EMS parcels leave Finland on the same or the next business day. For more precise tracking, please track your parcel on the Posti website.
Please keep in mind that the stated delivery time is only an estimate and delays may occur.
If your parcel has been delayed for 2 weeks or more, please contact our customer service at [email protected] or via the live chat. All of our parcels are insured for their full value.
3.4I placed an order but have not received any shipping information.
You have probably ordered something that we do not presently have in stock. You will receive a confirmation once your order is complete and ready to be shipped.
3.5My order never arrived.
In the event that your parcel's tracking information has not changed for a period of 2 weeks, please contact our customer service at [email protected] or via the live chat. All of our parcels are insured for their full value. Please keep in mind that the stated delivery time is only an estimate and delays may occur.
3.6I received the wrong item/my item arrived damaged.
We apologise for the inconvenience! Please contact our customer service at [email protected] as soon as possible. Pictures of the damaged or defective products will help us address the problem more quickly.
3.7What is your return policy?
Please check our return policy here.
4.1Can I have a discount coupon?
At the moment, we only provide discount coupons on special occasions. We put selected items on sale almost every week. Sign up for our newsletter here to receive information on our discount campaigns.
4.2I forgot my password!
Click on the "Forgot password" button next to the login information. If you still can not recover your password, it is probably because you have previously ordered as a guest and have not created an account in Lamnia.
4.3How do I change my credit/debit card?
Your card information is never saved in Lamnia's system, but it is saved at Nets, our card payment operator. You can reset your card on the ”My profile” page.
4.4Why should I register on your site?
Registration is not mandatory, but it does give you some great benefits. After registering, you can:
- Receive the latest information about our available product line and promotional offers
- Speed up the checkout process
- Track your orders
- View your order history and receipts
- Access the Wishlist function
- Fixed blade knives
- Folding knives
- Traditional pocket knives
- Balisongs and butterfly knives
- Balisong trainers
- Kitchen knives
- Straight razors
- Custom knives
- Swords, katanas, sabers
- Tactical pens
- Bags, pouches, sheaths
- Lanyards and Beads
- Knife maintenance
- Spare parts and customisation